I’ve really enjoyed Bendis’ X-Men work lately, loved the previous (and pretty much all) incarnation of Guardians of the Galaxy and the Chris Claremont/John Bryne Starlord stories are some of my most beloved comics. So why is Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1 a huge disappointment?
Together, Bendis and McNiven tell the origins of Starlord as if they’re filling in a paint-by-the-numbers painting. Every story beat is just part of a pre-determined and pre-fabricated picture.
You can read the full review at Newsarama.
- @ Pop Syndicate– reviews of Guardians of the Galaxy V4 & Blacksad
- Who you gonna call?— a review of Guardians of the Galaxy #2
- And this is how you get me to drop a title- a review of Guardians of the Galaxy #11
- @Newsarama- All New X-Men #5 and Godzilla: Half Century War #4
- @ Indie Pulp– a review of The Beasts of Burden: Animal Rights